8.31.2011

back to basics.

I am going through the book of John because I realized that I really need to be doing all I can to fall back in love with my Savior again. It's crazy that I am prone to falling in and out of love with a God who has loved me unconditionally even before the thought of me was conceived by my parents. It doesn't make sense. Isn't this the Love that my heart ultimately yearns for? Why is it sometimes so hard to want to spend time with Someone who loves me so much?
I've tried to tackle that with my small group but I'm not sure I resolved much other than acknowledging that I don't want to not be in love with God.
The only thing I could do was just.. be honest with God. It's not like he doesn't know what I've been going through. I haven't been able to trick him like I can trick other people by pretending that everything was okay. With some encouragement from Francis Chan's book, I was able to keep telling God that I really needed his help falling in love with him again.

He still spoke to me and comforted me and loved me while I was/still sorta still am going through this. What a guy! haha

I picked up my Bible after having a disinterest for far too long and just felt like I should be reading the book of John. I wanted to get to know Jesus again. It's been so good. Sometimes, I need to stop myself from reading too much so that I would be able to process all of what I'm reading. Other times, I still have trouble just picking up my Bible. But I know God is at work!

Tonight, I read this and it encouraged me:
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand" ~ John 10:27-29
- this is actually very similar to the Romans 8:35-39 post I submitted back in January. It's so good to know that this truth never changes.

No comments: